Long-Term Residence Permit: Issued for one year to non-EU citizens and for five years to EU citizens
Long-Term Resident Permit (long stay visa)
Applications for a long-term residence permit must be made within 90 days of arrival in Bulgaria.
The following documents are required:
• Passport (if the passport expires before the end of the five year period, the residence permit will only be valid until that date)
• Property title deeds or rental contract as proof of address
• Company registration document or work contract (if applicable)
• Proof of health insurance from the former EU country of residence translated into Bulgarian
• Proof of financial means if without employment
• Application form
The application form is in Bulgarian and some English but must be completed in Bulgarian. The long term residence certificate is issued on the same day.
Non-EU family members of EU citizens must apply for a residence permit within 90 days of arrival in Bulgaria. They will also need to provide proof that they are a family member of a European Union citizen. A temporary residence certificate is issued and the long term residence card is issued within three months.
Applications for a long-stay visa must be submitted to Bulgaria’s consular representatives abroad.
A visa is not required for citizens of countries that have concluded a treaty on visa-free entry clearance. Within 90 days of arrival, an application for long-term residence must be submitted.
A long term residence permit may be issued to non-EU citizens for one of the following reasons:
- Foreigners with a work permit
- Foreigners involved in commercial activities
- Foreigners married to a Bulgarian citizen
- To company representatives of a foreign commercial company registered with the Bulgarian Chamber of Commerce and Industry
- To foreign investors who carry out activities under the Foreign
- Investment Act
- To pensioners who receive a pension with sufficient funds to cover their living costs in Bulgaria
- To foreigners in Bulgaria for medical treatment
- To family members of a foreigner with a D-type visa
- To students in full-time education in licensed establishments
- Citizens of Bulgarian descents
The following documents will be required when applying for a long term residence permit:
- Travel document (passport) and a photocopy of the pages of the travel document containing the personal data, the valid visas or residence permits held, and the last Bulgarian entry stamp
- Proof of provision of accommodation for the duration of residence in Bulgaria
- Proof of possession of financial means to cover the expenses for the duration of residence in Bulgaria (it may be necessary for the applicant to prove with bank statements on a monthly basis that they have the equivalent of the Bulgarian minimum wage in their bank account)
- Compulsory commercial and social insurances for the duration of residence in Bulgaria
- Application form
The application form is in Bulgarian and some English but must be filled in in Bulgarian.
A temporary residence certificate is issued and the long term residence card is issued within three months.
Also we can help you with:
- Issuing driving license
- Residential address
- Phone number
- Office address